Tuesday, September 22, 2009

New Ward, New Callings!

In the last few weeks our Stake was completely reorganized and went from 7 family wards to 5 family wards. As a result every seat in the chapel was filled and there was a new enthusiasm for the changes. To my surprise members of my new ward include Willard and Ruth Skousen and Brother and Sister Cowgar. Willard is my Grandpa Skousen's younger brother. My Grandpa passed away 6 years ago and would be turning 100 this year if he were still here. Just seeing my Great Uncle Willard makes me happy. He has many of the mannerisms and characteristics that my Grandpa including the Skousen ears and grin. He has a strong testimony of the church that I am thankful that is part of my family legacy. Brother Cowgar is my Aunt Teresa's father. Growing up I always figured since he was my cousins grandpa he was my grandpa too. Eric and I have a lot to learn from the many members in our ward.

Now for the new callings! I was called to be the Beehive advisor in the Young Women. I am very excited to get to work with youth. I loved Young Women's and well I practically was just there. Here is my great group of Beehives.

Photobucket

Eric has traded in his Scouting gear for the home teaching lessons as he was called to be the First Counsellor in the Elders Quorum. Although he is the youngest in the quorum, we are looking forward to the challenges and blessing that come from serving. Here he is on his last who rah as a Scout Leader. Eric was pleased when they told him they would still invite him on camp outs. He is after all a boy a heart.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome!! I am so excited for you to work with the young women. They are just fun! I am the assistant camp director in my ward so I got to work with them a little and I think that would just be one of the funnest callings to be in the young women!! Tell Eric I said "Congrats" that's pretty cool :) Rusty just got called to the scouts so if Eric has any advice . . . Way cool for you both. Oh and congrats on your pregnancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, have I ever told you how much I just love you? I think that you are awesome, and your girls are just so privelaged to have you as their advisor! Have fun. I will see you soon! And, I will probably have some more diapers for you since my chubbers is almost out of the ones that we have. And, I have some outfits for you to go through to see if you want.

    ReplyDelete