Sunday, November 15, 2009

Ode to 37 weeks!



I can't complain, I have had the most wonderful pregnancy. I had no morning sickness. I attribute that to the volume of emesis I have had to clean up in my nursing career. I figure its the universe's way of paying me back. I have loved being able to eat many times a day, look "cute" carrying around a few extra pounds, and feel a little person moving inside you. As you can see I am a little more round than I used to be. Things I love to laugh about: I swung open the refrigerator door and nudged my belly, I had to walk around the car because I didn't fit between the car and the covered parking pole, and if I have to pick anything off the ground its a struggle that begins with an inner groan. Soon enough I'll get to kiss the little hands and feet that have been jabbing my ribs. We are so excited.

5 comments:

  1. You do still look VERY cute, packing around your little one :) I have a friend who was just as far along as you and she just had her baby at 35 weeks! The baby is doing good, but had to spend a week in the NICU, so at least your little one is still "cookin" and getting strong and healthy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa, you are still looking so beautiful!! The crib set looks so beautiful on the crib. Your mom did such an amazing job. I wonder if our sons ears will match. That would be too funny if we both had little yoda's. I was told the other day that for halloween next year I need to paint Christian's face green and have him be Yoda. I didn't know whether that was a compliment or not. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lis! I can't believe you're about to birth a child! Just don't forget your epidural...I'll be anxiously awaiting a phone call!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I swear you are the cutest pregnant girl! I'm so incredibly sad I missed your shower and can't wait to see you guys again! And your little boy! Check out our blog, I've got pics of our cruise up, Eric will love the ziplining and rapelling pics! Miss ya tons girly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa!!! Really your having a child in like 2 weeks!! I sure wish I was on my way with my sterile gloves, master IV skills, and breathing lessons to help you through this ordeal. I seriously can't believe you are already ready to deliver. I love ya lots and wish you the best, and just like K-Ku said, don't forget your epidural, it will make your delivery experience much better and you will actully like your husband during the process. -With Love, your fellow cervix checking L&D friend, Nancy Jane!

    ReplyDelete